I like flowers. I try to smell every flower along with way from home to office. I planted one flower in my home around 2 years back and now its kind of a giant tree. I still love it, take care of it because I own this flower.
Now you might be asking what all this has to do with Pakistan. So there goes when you own something you give your heart out for it. You take care of it and love it like your own child. Then there is no asking why or what where you just do it because you know you are doing right.
People are asking me to leave Pakistan because you might have great opportunity in USA, UK or Canada (by the way more than half of my family is well settled in foreign). But here are 10 reasons why I want to stay in Pakistan:
10) Pakistan is a blessing from ALLAH Subhan o Tala. Pakistan is blessed with moderate climatic conditions which makes it Life easy (my bother will be a good example for it because he is literary freezing back in South Africa).
9) Pakistan is an independent country matter what others say I still can breathe the fresh air of my Pak watan ( traffic pollution is a bonus to that :p). I can walk freely without any fear if I believe that ALLAH Subhan o Tala is with me everywhere I go. I can eat all the desi foods.
8) Aaaaah eating make me think my mother is a brilliant cook and when she cooks you can smell it from a mile. Loves whatever she cooks. Also with the openings of various food channels now you can see restaurants opening in every corner of your home so you can enjoy desi food outside anywhere, anytime.
7) This happens only in Pakistan. One family lives in a home. Now brothers and sisters of parents usually live nearby or sometimes in the same house. I myself live in a joint family system.
We enjoy together, we laugh together, we cry together and most of all we love each other.
6) ALLAH Subhan o Tala blessed have Pakistan with natural growth of every fruit and vegetable so Pakistan doesn’t require to export any of it.
5) My cousin visited Thailand recently and shared his experience with me. “You know Yousuf there not a single halal food in Thailand, I survived on bread only.” In Pakistan you are free to eat whatever you like without even thinking of its authenticity (hygiene is another problem but that is what makes our food so healthy :p ).
4) There are so many social gatherings all together like shaadi’s, birthday, when someone outside Pakistan visits he visits every house and we all do more fun than usual.
Social gatherings make us more human. Keeps us alive, when we ask know Life from others point of view. To thank ALLAH Subhan o Tala for his blessings when we hear pain of people.
3) You can be an expert on anything if you are willing enough to pay its price. In Pakistan there is enormous amount of hidden talent in villages. We can provide them a platform to display their talent.
2) Learning is growing. I myself am a vigorous reader. In Pakistan best seller books are available in cheap prices. They are road side stalls everywhere where one can find famous books on cheap price. Just tell the shopkeeper title or writer of the book and he will give it to you.
1) People still say there is no growth in Pakistan. I usually quote them a story which Robert Fulghum told in All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. There was this village and CEO of a famous shoe company sent two salesman in that village to know opportunity of sales. One salesman reported “No way there is no scope… People walk there barefoot… we will not be able to sale anything.” While second salesperson gave reported “Wowwww there is high opportunity that we can get sales in that village… people there are not aware of shoes at all.’
Hmmmm a dose of perspective right!!!
In Pakistan there is so much room of improvement that whatever you do it will eventually get improved. Pick up an organization and observe you will get ways to improve it. Start from yourself and influence others to work for the betterment of Pakistan.
On the ending note I know that there might be more reasons not to live in Pakistan but to me Pakistan is like home and if in my home pipeline gets leaked out I won’t blame the neighbors I will do it myself. Because Pakistan is my home not a day care center that others will take care of it.