Quran says: “If you give thanks, I will give you more, but if you are thankless, verily! My Punishment is indeed severe.” [Surah Ibrahim 14:7]
Have you ever thought that despite of billion other people why you are born? It’s because you can do something that billion others can’t.
When feeling down, start counting your blessings. Here is a list I made this morning; check and write your own:
1) I am alive – I woke up this morning and place my hand on my heart? Felt something? That’s called Purpose. You are alive for a reason. Don’t ever give up.
2) I am healthy – Can move all the body parts which mean I am blessed with full health alhumdulilaah for one more day.
3) Family – These are people who care for me unconditionally. They are with me, totally a blessing alhumdulilaah.
4) Friends – They know me more than I do myself. They know when I am happy and they know when I pretend to be happy but deep inside I feel sad. Just texted few friends and was great to hear that they are fine.
6) Food – I woke up and my mother was yelling “Do your breakfast. Hurry you are getting late for work.” It’s a blessing to see that food is there on our table when thousand others sleep each night with no food.
7) Job – Many people spend this sweat and blood every single day to get a job. But I am working in a company that gives me a sense of security over my future.
8) Caring heart – I am still worried for my family, friends and people around me. They say you care too much but I think it’s a blessing. The feeling which we get when we serve others is unmatchable.
9) I made someone Smile yesterday – Just received a message from a friend and he was really happy that I listened to him last night. Many times, what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens.
10) I am Happy today – Starting every single day with a positive attitude is also a blessing.
Whenever I feel down I start counting my blessings. This gives me shift in perspective. Yup there are thousand others which are praying for my Life but I am blessed alhumdulilaah.